Saturday, July 28, 2018

A MIRACLE ARRIVES! OR "MAYBE YOU SHOULD COME OVER"

I'm thrilled to introduce Soren Timothy Isaiah, my Little Prince!




I mean come on people, that is one beautiful baby!! 

But I need to back up and start from the beginning to tell you about how this little miracle arrived, cause he came in with a bang!

I received the long awaited call from my daughter about 10:45 pm telling me the labour pains had started. "OK! How about you call me in a couple of hours, let me know how things are going and if you want me to come over."

This is her first baby and we were all very excited! I slept fitfully and woke up wide awake at 1:00 am. My Mommy sense was tingling.....so I messaged Randi and her husband Dan.


See that? Right there? "Maybe you should come over", that was her response.

So I got a few things together and as they live not too far away, I walked. I message Dan that I'm here and suddenly the door flies open and he yells "I've called the ambulance!" Not the response I was expecting. I walk up the stairs and down the hall and into the kitchen to see my daughter on the floor, bearing down.

"RANDI! ARE YOU PUSHING??!!" Remember that "maybe I should come over" part? It looks like I'm about to deliver a baby so I wash my hands and assume the position. Fortunately, along comes the calvary in the form of Todd.


Yup, he's the guy who gets to catch Soren, in her hallway, nowhere near a hospital. Thanks Todd!! Soren came out with a yelp, fat and pink and perfect, all 8 lbs 10 oz of him. The incredible look on my daughter's face of instantaneous relief and love is one I will never forget. 

So here comes pics of my miracle and because I'm new at this grandparent thing there are a few...like a lot...like I tried to pare it down...

MIRACLE

Perfect little mouth

Perfect little nose

Perfect little feet

A carbon-copy of his Dad

My little miracle

But there is a side note to this story. Remember Todd, the Calvary? As they were loading Randi and the baby into the ambulance Todd told me he really needed to have this amazing experience. You see, just a couple days earlier he was first responder to a local beach where a child had drowned. He needed the healing balm of a new life. 

Soren has arrived and we are all smitten with him. And we've determined my daughter is one of those lucky women who zips through labour like nobody's business (for the record, I spent 18 hours bringing her into the world!). Next time she says "Maybe you should come over" I'm going to be the one yelling "Call the Ambulance!"










No comments:

Post a Comment