Monday, August 6, 2018

IN THE SUMMERTIME

"Ch..chch uh..ch..chch uh, in the summertime when the weather is fine!" I realize about half of you will recognize that. The other half...not so much! So for you not so much ones or for your nostalgic ones:Mungo Jerry - In The Summertime - YouTube

It's Summertime! And the living is easy! Ella Fitzgerald - Summertime (1968) - YouTube (another classic!)

It's no secret I thrive in summer. Heat? Humidity? bah  - bring it on.  Who needs Central air? I want to feel the thick, sleepy summer breathe on me. I want my windows open and listen to the sound of the wind. I want the fan whining slowly over my head while I doze in an afternoon nap. 

Summer means big brash flowers

Bike rides and canoe trips

It means being at the cottage where coffee time can last up to an hour and a half instead of a quick 15-20 minutes

Walks on the beach 

And watching the Sun set

My wine choice switches up from reds to crisp whites (don't forget to throw in some fresh berries)

And eating Al Fresco, outside every night, be it a light summer meal,

Or a full on hearty barbecued steak!

Winter's are long, cold and damp here in Ontario. Let me put on my short, shorts and hop in my bike or dive into a cool Canadian lake and dry off basking in the sun. Ch..Chch uh... Ch..chch uh....


No comments:

Post a Comment