Sunday, September 30, 2018

FLAVOURS OF FALL

I honestly don't know anyone who does not like fall. Not in Canada anyway. It is beautiful, vibrant and cosy like a warm hug but oh, so short to visit. And we all know what's coming next!

So we Bellevillians took advantage of this rich season with a little community partying!  The market was just a buzz of activity and I picked up fresh mushrooms, beets, beans, apples and pears which made for one heavy backpack.  So I needed a little sustenance. I stopped into the Bourbon & Bean, a new little coffee shop.


The affable fella behind the counter made me a knockout cappuccino to go with my nut-laden honey cookie.


Down the street, most appropriately, was an accord player in front of the L'Auberge de France restaurant where I picked up an apple croissant for Sheldon.


But the party was in full swing at the east end of town with Porchfest. People meandered all over listening to talented singers and musicians serenading from porches or people's lawns. 


One of the biggest draws were the "Impish Grins" on Bridge street.


My dear friend Ted was rocking' the bass!


Apples and nuts, fresh vegetables, music, music in the crisp fresh air. All made up the Flavours of Fall.



2 comments: