Sunday, September 23, 2018

MARKET FRESH HARVEST PARTY!

It's the best time to check out the local produce at your local Farmer's market or stand. In Canada, we have such a wide variety of goods available; vegetables, fruit, cider, wines, honey, breads and I could go on. Good time to dig in!

I like to celebrate by hosting a dinner that I call a "Market Fresh Harvest Party." I invited a bevy of folks over to bring a dish consisting of at least some locally fresh ingredients, set the table, light the candles and let the feast begin!


We started with a fresh sweet potato soup that my friend Kelly brought. This was sweet and spicy and rich. There was a slight chill in the air and this was a great way to warm up the tummy.

Onto the main meal! So.Much.Good.Food! Kelly's husband Marcus who I suspect is in the wrong career and should be a chef, brought a breadless stuffing.


There was also local beans, pickles, carrots and I made a mushroom parmentier.

My good friends Kevin and Shari brought this gorgeous beet salad.


And Justin and Cheryl who own a local farm (Providence Family Farm) where they raise fresh nonGMO produce provided for the meatatarians: ham and chicken and their homemade Kambucha! I'm not a big Kambucha fan but I have to admit, it was delish. Besides, it's a really fun word!

Full yet? Hope not cause there's dessert coming!  I made a fresh blueberry/peach crumble pie and picked up local grapes.


There was local honeycomb. Just slice of a chunk of that little miracle and pop it in your mouth!


How about a chocolate chip cookie made from Providence Family Farm butter and lard to go with your coffee?


The kids ran around the back yard and squealed like only kids can. Lulu pilfered as many scraps from willing volunteers that she could and we all enjoyed the abundance.


Thanks to everyone who came and provided such amazing food! 

No comments:

Post a Comment