Sunday, October 7, 2018

THANKS!


It's a classic Fall day out there and the house is chilly.   In a couple of hours we are heading to Kingston for our second Thanksgiving meal this weekend. That's right, not one but two celebrations for me! 

It's a good, no, it's a great time to count your blessings. Simple things like good food, your health, a warm blanket and sweater when the house is chilly, peace and a sense of security. 

I personally have much to say "Thanks" for! So, for the record here's a few:
I live in a beautiful country that allows me basic freedoms and rights, that is rich in produce and prosperity - Thanks!

I have amazing children who married amazing spouses! They are beautiful on the inside and out - Thanks!


Then there is this little fella who changed our lives with his arrival in July! My adorable grandson, Soren - THANKS!! (with special mention to Randi and Dan...)


I have a husband who has patiently put up with me for over 30 years and my penchant for dogs (and cats) - Thanks!

And there is so much more- great friends, a good job, music, faith, coffee, wine, flowers, adventures, books - you get the picture. 

Life is fragile, so very fragile. I hope you can take some time today and say Thanks for the simple gifts and blessings you have!








No comments:

Post a Comment