Sunday, July 3, 2016

JUST KEEP BREATHING

That's good advice, don't you think?

Just keep breathing....

I'm in a hot yoga class; contorting my body, balancing, shifting my hip a smidge to the left, bending a little deeper when the instructor says to us "are you breathing?"

I remember riding a wave of pain with a labour contraction. The pain gets stronger and engulfs me, threatening to drown me completely. Then I remember how to ride this wave  - just keep breathing. 


This past weekend, I saw my baby, my son, marry his beloved. 




Carolyn was absolutely stunning and they adore each other!



My mother's heart nearly bursts. I'm so happy for them both and know they have an amazing future together. 

But wait a minute...what happened to my baby boy? The one with the will of iron? When did he get so tall??


Perhaps it's me - Am I shrinking? Am I to decrease so he can increase? 

Then I remember. This is my life's work. This is what I've focused my energy and time on. Raising these amazing children, helping them to become established. I've built into their character and given them a foundation of love and faith.



They are ready to take on the world!

It's hard work, this business of life: work, relationships, children. You have to focus and concentrate, sometimes ride those waves of pain, sometime adjust to the changes. 

But it's worth it. 

Remember: You can do this! 

Just Keep Breathing!




No comments:

Post a Comment