Sunday, June 5, 2016

A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON MY WAY TO GET COFFEE


I want to tell you a story - a true story that happened to me and started when I went on a coffee break. So settle in and read on!

About a month ago I was at work. Morning coffee break was upon me so I rounded up my mate Shirley and as it was a lovely day in May we went for a walk-a-bout to pick up coffee.

As we were coming around the corner of the Mall where I work, there was the car of my dreams!



"Shirley!" I said "I Love this car. This is exactly the kind I've wanted."
"It's pretty nice!" comments Shirley.

As we are coming over for a closer look a fella suddenly jumps out of the car. Unbeknownst to us he had been sitting in said car and had overheard our conversation. 

"Do ya like this car? It's for sale! You want to buy it?"

"Well...."I started to stutter....

"Here! Hop in! I'll hold your coffee!" Next thing I know, I'm sitting in this beautiful Mini Cooper. He gives me all the details: 2012 Countryman Manual (perfect), heated seats (perfect X2), two sunroofs (perfect), comes with snow tires (whaaattt?) etc. etc. He is a born salesman. 

"Want to take it for a drive?"

"No, thanks, I really got to get back to work but it is a beauty!"

"Well let me give you my number and if you want you can take it out later!" 

He scratches out his number on an old receipt I had and off Shirley and I go. 

Later I'm telling my husband about this little surprise meeting. I also mention between my investments I have enough saved to pay for half of the car. This could be a reality!

"We should give him a call and take it for a test drive." says Sheldon. No complaints from me!

Eventually, I fish out the old receipt and call. Turns out the chatty fella in the car is a friend of the owner and he was borrowing it that day. He directs me onto Steve, the actual owner. The Plot thickens.....Steve does not have the Mini for sale, he was considering trading it in, but he's willing to let us take it for a spin. 

Now Steve is the most amiable Canadian you will find on this side of the border. You just want to take him home to meet your Mom. No, scratch that; meet your Grandma! We discuss details and bippity-boppity-boo, along with the complete draining of my investments, I'm now the owner of the car of my dreams.



I decided to call it "MiCi" cause when I hop in I just want to sing "Oh Mickie you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind Hey Mickie!  Hey Mickie!"

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it. And it just goes to show you, you never know what can happen. You may be going for a Mc-coffee and end up with Mc-MiCi!











No comments:

Post a Comment