Sunday, March 6, 2016

IT'S JUST A MATTER OF TIME

The other day while I was getting groceries, I could not resist these beautiful tulips!
But soon, such lovelies will be popping up in my own garden, free of charge. Winter is losing it's hold and spring is making aggressive advances forward. The tide has turned, and it is just a matter of time.

Which got me musing about time. How it goes by so quickly. For example, when did I go from this:

to this??

I mean, stop this train already!

On the other hand, time can go by so slowly. I remember being in a accident a few years ago. I was in a boat with a number of other people, just chugging along and I was looking out the back at a sea doo following us. It was a big one carrying 3 people plus a dog. Well, we slowed down, but the sea doo did not. In slow motion I saw it getting closer and the sudden realization on the driver's face that he was not going to stop. Next thing I knew, there was a sea doo on top of me! Can you say concussion?

When we are anxious for things to change; when we are restless. How slowly time goes by. I've broached this argument with God before. 

"God, I know your timing is perfect but please, this situation needs to change. Remember how quickly life flies by for us wee humans down here!" 

But God is never in a hurry. He has perfect timing and has it all in hand.  I look through his Word - in 1 Timothy 2:6 "who gave Himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time." In Galatians 4:4 "But when the fullness of time had come, God sent his Son, born of woman, born under the law."

Ecclesiastes or The Byrds, take your pick: "For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven."

I will probably continue to plead my case in matters I'm anxious for change in, cause I know God is gracious and loves to give good gifts to His children. He is more than capable of adjusting my "proper" times.

I'm also going to be patient, trusting in His perfect timing and not wishing my life away in the meantime.

Really, it's just a matter of time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment