Sunday, June 21, 2015

THOSE TIMES YOU SAY "AHA"


A couple of weeks ago I wrote about how some things elude me. Which is true. But every now and then, in fact nearly every day, there can be times when the lightbulb goes off, the universe reveals a nugget of wisdom or truth and you go "AHA!" 

For example, I was biking home from work the other day and stopped at a light smack in the middle of town. A lady was crossing in front of me on one of those scooters. She was well into her 60s, cigarette dangling from her mouth, big pink bow in her wiry grey hair and wearing shorts and a tank top, her breasts sitting comfortably in her lap. I watched her motor on by with the orange flag flapping in the breeze and clearly she was having a good little ride. I had an "AHA" moment. You know those bumper cars at the fair? They must be like riding one of those and you find you are suddenly not confined to the enclosure but set free to zip around at will. No wonder they are so popular!

Musicians have AHA moments and they share them with us.

"You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need." Thanks Rolling Stones for that! 

Or one of my favourites: "Closing time, every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end." A true nugget of wisdom right there.

I've been taking a hot hatha yoga class and after a few months I've AHAed the best part of the class is the beginning where we all are very quiet and we lay on our blankeys with our eyes closed and I feel like I'm 5 years old in Kindergarten again and the very end, where we all are very quiet and we lay on our blankeys with our eyes closed and my body is all loosey goosey from stretching and pretzelling. 

Today, in church my pastor spoke to us about Fatherhood. He gave us lots of excellent insight including this little gem: "It is easier to build a child than to repair a man." AHA!

So, although some things may elude you, keep your ears and eyes open and you will soon find there are lots of other things being revealed. The bird, by the way, is a house wren, case you were wondering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment