Sunday, June 7, 2015

SOME THINGS JUST ELUDE ME

There is this bird hanging around our house singing his heart out. For the life of me, I cannot nail this bird down. 
And that's frustrating cause I'm a bit of a birder. When I'm out for a walk I can nail down pretty much every bird I hear like a little ticker-tape in my head: blue jay, chipping sparrow, finch. 
I've used my handy bird app - narrowing down my search by locale, size and song. I've even spotted the little critter but still, no luck!
It eludes me....some things just do.
To elude means to escape or avoid especially by cunnning. It means to baffle. You are trying to find it, figure it out, nail it down, but you are baffled. 
The other day we took Lulu for a walk in the dog park. Coming around the corner we see on a nearby hill a knight in shining armour.
A baffling sight to be sure. Was he yelling "Neee!"? Was he looking for a maiden or a shrubbery or a horse? The answer to this one did not elude me for long. We walked over and chatted to the group of them and discovered this is what they do for giggles and kicks. They are a "re-enactment group." 

In a local cemetary there is this tombstone:
It all makes sense until you get to Lavanta and Cynthia. No birth date, no death date. Surely, at least, they knew when they were born! Now that's an elusive tombstone. 

There is a Proverb that says: "It is the glory of God to conceal things, but the glory of kings is to search things out." 

  Some things are just hidden for us just so we can glory in the game of figuring it out. If you are like me, stubborn and persistent, you keep trying. 

So if there is something that is eluding you, consider yourself royalty, don your helmet and let the search begin. The answer may be hidden or concealed but it's there, for you to find. 

As for me, I WILL find out what this little bird is. But right now, it eludes me. 







No comments:

Post a Comment