Sunday, November 30, 2014

MY MAN CAVE


I was curious about the term "man cave" so I did a little research, cause every now and then, if you like to write, it is a good idea to try your hand at that sort of thing.

So, a man cave is a male sanctuary, where guys can do as they please. A place to be alone, indulge in hobbies, and hang out with male friends. In a man can you can watch sports, play video games, exercise...stuff like that. 

There is also such a thing as a "woman cave" and no, it is not the kitchen. Pinterest can give you lots of lovely decorating ideas! It is also a place to be alone but in a woman's version, it is a place to "nurture herself". It is described as a soothing atmosphere with pillows and scented candles, fireplace, silk linens....stuff like that!

This lead me to the conclusion that I actually have a "man cave" in the dimly lit basement. Although I do have an electric fireplace which bravely tries to keep me warm in the winter, that is where my woman cave similarity ends.

It is where I practice cello. 

Although the cats are allowed it is a no-fly zone for Lulu!

I work out on my $50 yard-sale-manual-push-operated treadmill and do weights with a gravity ball. 

You may notice there is a big TV in there but it is nonfunctioning and I believe is one of the world's largest paper weights. 

There is nothing pretty about this space, although I did paint the walls yellow and I am partial to this parrot.

He came with the house and hangs from the basement ceiling - been there since we moved in back in 2004. He's no trouble and keeps his mouth shut. 

Would I like it to be warmer - yes. Scented candles, pillows and silken linens? Meh.

I've always been a bit of a Tomboy - I'll stick with my Man cave.

No comments:

Post a Comment