Sunday, November 23, 2014

COMFORTS OF HOME

I ventured out yesterday to do some Christmas shopping and as many of you know, shopping is not my cup of tea. 

I'm a get in, get it and get out type of shopper. Alas, the rules are different at Christmas time as you know. You get in all right but the get it and get out are a bit trickier. When I finally turned the Honda back to home with the cold rain hitting the windshield, I was more than ready to get back to the comforts of home.

As comfort was what I was looking for, the slippers and frumpy sweater were soon in place. I poured a glass of wine (working on a french bottle at the moment), turned on the CBC and started cooking. 


Last night I made fresh salmon fillets and mushroom risotto with peas. Risotto is not something you rush; you just keep on adding liquid and stirring till you get that rich consistency. Things can get messy when you cook but who cares? Lulu sure doesn't. The end result is good down home comfort food.


I'm not the only one who enjoys my cozy home however. With a little help from Sasha (though not much, she really dropped the ball on this one). I caught this little fella who thought he would spend the winter with us enjoying the free food.

I graciously showed him the door

Another one of the comforts of home is a good cup of coffee and yesterday I picked up Cinnamon Vanilla Baileys, which is amazing in coffee! Only on weekends though..


Today I made ginger chocolate cookies


A frumpy sweater and slippers
Coffee
Cookies
Risotto
A Mouse free house

These are some of the comforts of home that will get me through the vexing chores, like Christmas shopping.






No comments:

Post a Comment