Sunday, September 7, 2014

WALKERS, SITTERS AND POSERS

When you are inclined to write, you are also inclined to observe.
So, often, no matter what I'm doing, I'm usually observing my surroundings.

I've noticed people have many different types of walks. Young people, in their 20 and 30s are in a hurry. They have places to go, deadlines to meet, calories to burn. Keep up a quick pace! 

But older people, they are in no hurry. They meander along, and if they have a dog with them, it is usually old and fat in no hurry either. They keep a leisurely pace with their elderly owners. I biked past one older lady complete with hat, water bottle and a sweater in my favourite colour, yellow. Now there's a sensible girl!

Athletes tend to "lumber" along. I was watching golf the other day and the men would "lumber" over, gracefully bend with one foot bent behind and pick up their ball in one fell swoop.

I've known drug dealers that would "strut". They were all that and a bag of Doritos. At least on the street they were!

Some people walk with their heads down, shoulders slumped, burdened with shame or cares or maybe both. Their body language says it all.

Me, I'm a bit of a bouncy kinda walker. As a teenager I was always trying to keep up with my 5'7 girlfriend who was mostly legs. I learned to take strides bigger than my small frame could manage which resulted in a bounciness. But I always try to keep my back straight, my head up - better days ahead friends.

Also on my bike ride tonight I passed a girl sitting on a bench along the path. She was quite pretty, wearing sunglasses and not moving at all. I passed her on the way back too, still in the exact same position. Nothing had changed except the shape of her mouth. She had a rather sour, disdainful look which ruined her prettiness. One has to wonder what the deal was. Waiting for a lover who was late???

I'm teaching my new pup how to walk on a leash. Lulu is making progress and she is a trotter and sometimes jumper. I'm also working on potty training. I'm beginning to think she is a poser.
See this stance below?

This tells me Lulu is peeing outside, like a good girl! But I'm beginning to think she is just posing sometimes, knowing the result will be a treat when she gets back inside. Posers are sometimes hard to identify....and sometimes we are all posers, just faking it until we make it. 

Whether you are a person who bounces, lumbers, struts, or meanders be who you are. If you see someone with their head hanging low and their shoulders burdened send them some love and a prayer. Smile at the sourfaced sitters. Finally, be patient with the posers, they are just trying to figure out how to make it work. 





No comments:

Post a Comment