Sunday, December 2, 2018

THE DECEMBER DASH

Yesterday, December arrived. I could almost hear the gunshot sound in the air as we begin the "December Dash". 

I have two concerts, about 4 Christmas parties to attend, church stuff, work stuff, baking....My goal on reaching the finishing line in one piece involves a slow and steady pace because I want to enjoy all the hustle and bustle as best I can. 

BANG - LET'S GO....
Starting off, nice easy pace with a mother/daughter date. Randi, along with Prince Soren took me to the Drake Devonshire for lunch. I prepped with a nice  energy-inducing cappuccino! 
and Great Company! 

Then we headed to an Open House at the MacCauley House Museum in Picton. Tartan is the theme and the simple beauty enhanced the home perfectly.
Join me in the Parlor for a cup of tea?
A violinist serenaded us in the Dining room. He was pretty excited to discover I played Cello and practically booked me in for a jam session. 
Every room has a fireplace, including the Children's. This a nod to the MacCauley wealth not to mention the ongoing struggle against a Canadian Winter for warmth!

Perhaps we should step into the office for a soul searching spiritual discussion on the true meaning of Christmas with Reverend MacCauley...

The kitchen had a crackling fire and a jovial fella making up fresh Welsh cakes with homemade jam to sample. 

Tis the season friends, we are starting the December Dash. I hope you can pace yourself and enjoy the moments in the midst of the madness.


No comments:

Post a Comment