Sunday, May 6, 2018

WHEN YOU'RE READY

I'm at the end of a one hour Hot Yoga class in what is referred to as "Shavasana" or corpse pose. 

It's hot in there, really, really HOT. So hot I'm sweating and I'm not a sweater. My upper lip and forehead are drippy and the small of my back is downright damp. The instructor in her soothing tones tells us to just lie there, like kids on their mats. 

"Feel yourself melting into the ground. Scan through your body from your toes to your head and relax, no tension held anywhere" (no problem - I'm a corpse right now). Now when you're ready,  roll over onto your side and sit up cross legged". 

When I'm ready? After one hour of Hot Yoga, I'm a melted mess of bones and skin. I do NOT want to roll over anywhere, I just want to make like a corpse right now. 

Eventually, and since everyone else is already sitting, I start to get this old bag of bones moving again. 

Later that day I'm starting work in the garden to see what's cooking. 


The Lily of the Valley are up and attem. I rake off the leaves to find little soldiers of growth everywhere. I spend the afternoon raking and bagging, uncovering all the new growth. With a little help (thanks Amanda, Randi, Dan and Sheldon) we get all the lawn furniture and fountain out and the gazebo up.  

I'm ready for Gelato! Nice Ice Baby Gelato!


Gardening and summertime, when you're ready, so am I. 

Life doesn't always push. Sometimes it waits until you're ready. Nothing happens until you make that decision or take that action. 

Like when you are exploring your faith. God is a gentlemen, he never busts the door down, He politely knocks until you open. Mind you, He is always hanging around, hoping you will start up a conversation or ask His help. 

He likes a fresh start, wants a new wineskin to pour in the new wine. 


So, When you're ready....... 



No comments:

Post a Comment