Sunday, April 22, 2018

I THINK I ATE THE WEST COAST

The primary purpose for our trip to Vancouver was to spend time with my son Adrian and his wife Carolyn and to see some of the sights. 

But after looking through my pics, I think what I really did was eat my way through the West coast!  Here's proof.

We landed in Vancouver about 12:30 which made it about 3:30 my stomach's time and I was Hangry. Adrian and Carolyn took us to a little french bistro right around the corner from their house. Let the eating begin!


Avocado on toasted french bread with salad. This was perfect along with a bowl of roasted garlic potato soup after our flight.

Sheldon and I took a side trip for a couple of days to Victoria. Our first meal was at Little Jumbo.



I had a plate of perfect asparagus and Chickpea fritters. 

We stayed at the Abbeymore B&B and let me tell you, they take breakfast seriously! Each morning we were treated to a new set of courses, but here was morning number one:


We were started off with a strawberry smoothie and fresh juice and a homemade blueberry flan. Lord Ha Mercy!


Then came a fried egg on greens and tomatoes and cheese and I don't know what all that goodness was. Needless to say, lunch is not required after breakfast at Abbeymore!

But we were ready for dinner! This time we went to Cafe Brio. I had the homemade Papardelle with roasted squash and Sheldon had the pork dish. Both were perfect!



And dessert was sticky toffee pudding and Flourless Chocolate torte.

We headed back to Vancouver and Adrian and Carolyn took us to a scenic seaside town called Deep Cove. We were going to take a 2 hour hike so sustenance was required. 


Of course, after that 2 hour hike everyone goes to Honey's Donuts! You know what they say...when in Rome...


On our last day of the trip we headed downtown Vancouver to Yaletown and checked out the shops. Stopped in for a refuel!


That evening we went to the Seasons Restaurant which is beautifully set in a park overlooking the city. We had a rainy misty day but you could still see the mountains. I snapped a pic of Adrian's meal, an Italian Sausage Pizza with fennel, sun-dried tomatoes and provolone cheese


There was so much more like the Earnest Ice Cream (best I've ever had) and it's a good thing we walked a lot. One day my Fitbit clocked over 27,000 steps and the whole week came in at over 132,000. 

So, if you are going to B.C., there are lots of amazing places to eat and if you are a Foodie, you have landed in paradise. But I'm sorry if half of it is gone, I think I ate the West Coast.


No comments:

Post a Comment