Sunday, January 28, 2018

I'M IN THE DARK

How are you all coping through this Canadian Winter? Embracing it? Escaping it? Enduring it? Let's just end it?? 

One of the hardest parts for me is how much time I spend in the dark.


I eat breakfast and supper in the dark, walk the dog two times a day in the dark, wake up in the dark, go to bed in the dark. Bottom line....I'm in the dark here. 

One of my favourite APPS at this time of the year is "Star Walk" mostly because I can check to see how much more sunlight we get daily. Today, the sun will rise at 7:33 am and set at 5:14 pm - that's a whole 9:41 hours out of 24. But in a week from now on Super Bowl Sunday it will rise at 7:25 am and set at 5:24 - that's a whole 9:59 hours! Making progress. 

Still, I'm getting winter weary - so here's how I'm managing on this dark-cold-smack-dab-in-the-middle-of-winter.

I'm heading to the kitchen and making comfort food - I'm Making Banana Pancakes!


I'm buying flowers. I don't care if they only last a few days and are expensive.

Tip here fellas - for all 3 of you who read this blog. Buy your beloved flowers now. Don't wait until Valentines. She needs them...NOW.

Hang with the pets. They love hanging out with you and it's a good feeling being with those who love you.

And try and stay active - Last night Sheldon and I went for a swim. There were lots of adorable squealing girls and chubby babies and I enjoyed watching them all splish-splash and squeal to their heart's content. 

We are half way through....we can do this!


No comments:

Post a Comment