Sunday, January 14, 2018

FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT!

Half the Canadians I know (I know quite a few) really do love winter. They thrive in it, they embrace it. The other half...not so much. I would fall into the latter category. The "I'm so cold, I'm tired of scraping the windshield, I don't want to go outside" half.

So we sit around sources of heat, whether that be a dog a human, or a fire of some sort, like one of these:


and watch TV or stare indolently out the window at the frozen tundra. 

But this time round, I decided to try and enjoy the longest season on the Canadian calendar. I was gonna try the "Fake it till you Make it" tactic. 

Let's start in the kitchen. I took a go at making Samosas from scratch - something hot and spicy!


The filling of potatoes, garlic, carrots and peas was well spiced with cardamon, fennel, cumin, ginger and hot chili to make the kitchen smell downright sexy hot!

I was skeptical about the dough; it did not feel right to me but bottom line, they turned out all right! I probably should have deep fried them but I took the healthy route and baked them:


Definitely got that amateur look, but aren't they adorable?!

I'm all warmed up on the inside, now let's get out there and tackle the tundra, frozen or not!

Proof I can do this winter thing:


See that? That's me with my friend Vicki and yes, we are snow shoeing! Outside!!

Here's another with Jolie and look, by golly we are all smiling! So you see, with a little fortitude of warm spicy food, you can take that winter on, you can 
FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT

or......maybe not....





1 comment: