Sunday, June 11, 2017

HAVE A GOOD DAY!


When I'm biking to work, I will pass by several Crossing Guards. One (my favourite) always yells
"Good Morning!"
Me, panting: "Morning!
"Have a Good Day!"
Me, still panting as I pedal by:"You Too!"

It's a lovely blessing to bestow on someone. And it's also the way she says it. It's more like "Have a GOOD Day!!" Like she really means to make it happen for you. Like let's just seal that one up and engrave it in stone.

I will often say that to Sheldon before I head to work. "Have a GOOD Day." But I often add "No surprises today." Because Sheldon and I have spent a lot of time in Emergency lately doing a lot of this:



And after a month, we really have no answers. He presents with a heart issue and the symptoms are long and tedious. But after the last 3 Emergency visits and a chat with a Cardiologist, they tell us there is nothing wrong with the old ticker.

I turn to my faith: "The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the Peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Phillipians 4:5-7). 

The situation certainly "surpasses" all my understanding so now I rest in that Peace to keep watch. 

There are more tests pending and eventually we will get to the bottom of it. They switched his blood pressure medication and that seems to have settled a lot of side effects too. Here's hoping our visits to Emergency are coming to an end.

Have a GOOD day everyone....and I Crossing Guard mean it!





No comments:

Post a Comment