Sunday, November 20, 2016

I'M GETTING THE MESSAGE

We re-arranged a few things in my office area a couple of weeks ago, making room for a "stand-up" work station. On Friday, I came across this little note attached to the side of one of the filing cabinets:


"Peace does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of all those things and still be calm in your heart."

I have no idea how long that has been there, or who stuck it there, but I kinda like it, so I left it there. 

I'm getting the message!

If you are watching - and listening, you can usually find little nuggets of insight wherever you look, including on filing cabinets.

These comics have been following me around the office from pod to pod for I don't know how long. They are old and yellowed with age. 

I work in the Health Care field and in Canada, that means it is financed by the government. And THAT means things are always changing with every new government voted in that is trying to juggle our health care dollars. I just take a quick glance at Peppermint Patty and know I'm not alone. PP gets exactly how I'm feeling.

Sometimes we just have to face reality. I have a lovely crystal hanging decoration on my door that says "Dream". It's there for you to read coming in and going out. Yesterday I begrudgingly switched to this hanging decoration:



It coming friends....whether we like it or not. Mr. Weatherman is telling us to expect up to 20 cm over the next two days. Might as well embrace the change. 

Personally I'm not a big fan but I admit I like some snow: the first snow, the last snow and a bit on Christmas day say for an hour or two starting at 8:00  am and ending at 10:00 am. Meanwhile I'm hanging the white flag that says "Let It Snow" on my door acknowledging my surrender to the upcoming Canadian winter. 

So, look around you and keep your ears and eyes open. Open up the scriptures, take a walk, check out your Facebook feed. Someone is trying to tell you something and I hope you are getting the message!





No comments:

Post a Comment