Monday, August 22, 2016

LIVING IN TWO WORLDS


The last two days have been contrasting ones for me! This is our week at the cottage but I, unfortunately, did not get the full week off. 

That means I left my husband, my kids, their spouses and my dog at the cottage while I did the 2 1/2 hour trip back to Belleville so I could work the next couple days. It is like living in two totally different worlds.

Sheldon and I arrived at the cottage on Saturday and first on my list was a swim. Afterwards, I did not brush my hair, just ran my fingers through it to dry.  To add to the new hairdo, Sunday dawned grey, wet and damp. The outcome was a total frizzy mess. 

Yesterday, I watched the grey waves jump up to meet the grey sky. I drank my coffee laced with Baileys like some sort of hippie: with wild frizzy hair and bra-less. I walked Lulu along the dirt cottage road looking at nothing but layers of green, brown and grey. I listened to the sound of the wind in the woods and on the water and the loons crying. I hung out in a tiny cramped cottage surrounded by my family.

Today I got up and washed, blow dried and straightened my hair into submission. I put on make up, heels, a skirt and my bra. I looked at a parking lot full of glinting metal and monitor screens. I now am alone, save for my couple of cats, in a house that seems large and empty. Talk about yin and yang!

After work tomorrow I will make the 2 1/2 hour trip back to the cottage and enjoy the rest of the week with my family at the cottage. I'm going back to that other world of water and wood and leaving the car infested, pavement thick one behind. 

I'll tell you all about it when I get back!













No comments:

Post a Comment