Monday, December 28, 2015

JUST EAT IT

December is like a rollercoaster ride. It starts to build with holiday preparations and events and then all of a sudden we are at the end and swoosh! We take a corner and it's Christmas! Swoosh again down a hill and we are well into the loop on our way to New Year's Eve. And then - it's over. Just like that. As I write this it is Dec. 28. I've packed away the decorations, the tree is looking forlorn and naked on the front yard, waiting to be made into wood chips for the local dog park and I've had a weekend packed with family fun and food. 

Lots of food...lots and lots. 

You may not know it but I really do enjoy food. Good Food. So I'm just going to Eat It. If you have ever met me, you know I'm a scrap of a thing - no more than 5 feet tall and I hover around 100 lbs. People will often ask me how I stay thin and no, it is not because I have an incredible metabolism. In fact I don't know any woman over 50 with an incredible metabolism!

Well listen up - I'm about to reveal the Big Secret...

Watch your portion sizes
Exercise
Get a good night's sleep

Mind blowing - I know!  

And when I eat, I enjoy it. So bring on the fine dining. I'm not going to waste my time on cheap chocolate or McDonald's French fries. 
 I want home made baby spinach and cheese quiches

or Gingerbread with a hot butter rum sauce!

How about a squash cauliflower soup topped with roasted sunflower seeds?

Or freshly made pasta with homemade mushroom meat sauce!!

So remember my advice: Watch your portion sizes, exercise, get a good night's sleep and by all means, Just Eat It!

No comments:

Post a Comment