Saturday, September 19, 2015

SNAP SHOTS!

It is early evening and I'm in the kitchen making supper. The smell of roasted rosemary chicken is coming from the oven and I can also smell the fresh carrots I'm cutting up.  Adrian has come home to look at wedding venues and his fiance and Randi's husband are both working so it is just the 4 of us, the original family unit, for dinner.
I set the table and place the chicken in the middle. 
This is a good moment. A snap shot in my life where all is safe and  at peace. But how quickly the time flew by! Wasn't I just tucking my kids into bed after hugs and prayers? Wasn't I just scooping them out of bath tubs and wrapping them in fluffy towels?? 

So here's a snap shot history of my summer. Things that made me feel content or happy. Scroll down and blink and it will be over in less than 5 minutes!
Our dessert after roast chicken. Peach crisp and ice cream! If that doesn't make you happy, I don't know what will

Bee balm
Hydrangea. Always a pleasure to watch what's growing in your garden


A good game of Settlers. Played outside cause it was too hot inside!

A girl's night at the cottage with good food and one on one time with my daughter.

No. Not my car. But a very cool one nonetheless. Came across this during one of our trips to the County with friends

The best Latte I have ever had....so far. 

No. Not my bike. But a very cool one nonetheless. Spotted it during a walk on my lunch hour at work

Roasted Marshmallows and camping trips make me very content. 

I'm cheating a bit here. This was actually taken last year. But this is a very precious snap shot to me that captured a moment I hope never to forget. 

I know all you moms and dads with little ones that won't sleep or teenagers that are causing you great angst are thinking this will never end. But it will. And it does. In the blink of an eye.

 Quick - take a snap shot!


No comments:

Post a Comment