Sunday, August 30, 2015

PARTY, PARTY, PARTY!

Remember back in the day when it was Friday night and you could not wait to get out of school and there was a big party somewhere?
Ah....when I was young and energetic....

Well, I haven't done this in a while but that is what I did, all weekend. Party, Party, Party!

PARTY #1
It is the perfect temperature outside on Friday night and a big fat full moon to sweeten the deal. Right smack in the middle of downtown they have closed one of the Bridges and there is a party goin' on. 

We caught the last of the first set to listen to "Ed's Garage Band" rock out the Doobie Brothers. Everyone of all ages was having a good time!

PARTY #2
I was honoured to be a part of the "Greg Shepherd Memorial Ride" on Saturday morning. Greg was a young man who was killed in a motorcycle accident 2 years ago and was like a son to me (See my Blog "Fireflies"). I don't ride but I'm there with my daughter to help register people for the ride and breakfast or just make a donation or buy a T-Shirt. 

My beauty daughter keeping us all incredibly organized!



All monies raised go towards a bursary for the same program that Greg went through at Loyalist College and it is a great way to remember his spirit.

Here is a full group getting ready for the ride. Greg, I know you are watching and smiling!



PARTY #3
Ever heard of a Ceilidh? Me neither but basically it is a scotsman's idea of a party and our friends, Lori and Kevin decided to throw one! Actually, I'm not totally convinced it wasn't just a reason for Kevin to wear his kilt, but all the same - a lot of fun! Here are a couple of the laddies, dressed to kill (Lori, I stole your photo, fyi).



There was a surprise guest - a lone piper showed up much to the delight of our lovely hostess Lori! 



There was great food and other live scottish music as well. I brought along my tin whistle and spoons. I have not played the tin whistle in about 10 years and I've NEVER played the spoons but it was good fun joining in. 

So there you have it - party, party party! I've packed it all into one weekend. Now time to go back to work and rest up for next weekend! I'm not as young as I used to be!











No comments:

Post a Comment