Sunday, May 10, 2015

ENJOY THE RIDE!

The merry month of May started off with gorgeous weather. What a breath of fresh air after a cold Canadian winter! I was pretty antsy to hop on my bike and ride to work but Sheldon was away for the week in Toronto and I needed to the car to check in on Lulu and other errands on my lunch. So, after work, I thought I would hit the waterfront trail instead.

This is a different kind of ride than my jaunt to work. For one thing, I go helmetless. Not likely I'm going to get hit by a car so I take advantage!
There are lots of families, kids, dogs, lovers, friends but thankfully, no cars. 

I stopped to snap a photo of some elegant swans. Only problem was the swans were more interested in what was under the water than a biking paparazzi. I finally gave up and just took this photo.
Bottoms up girls!

Here is another shot of the trail that holds rather humbling memories for me:
You see that curve ahead? Well one day many, many years ago I was rollerblading along here and thinking I was all that as I swooshed along. Suddenly, I hit a branch...or something... and then this curve in the trail was upon me. As the song goes I did the hokey-pokey and a shook it all about, that's when I landed on my butt! I have not been on rollerblades since.

It was getting late and I still needed to do some cello time with Morrie, but I was waylaid by a train.
Trains always win people. So I do what I'm told and had to wait it out. No cello time for me.

All in all, a nice little bike ride and I recommend it. It had no particular purpose, I was not going anywhere but it got the bike ants out of my pants.

On a side note - Happy Mother's Day to all you amazing Moms! We had plans to pick up indian food for both sets of parents who were coming to lunch but the indian restaurant was simply not answering the phone. I had my guests coming in less than 45 minutes and food needed to be had. A quick trip to the grocery store, some fancy footwork in the kitchen and voila - an impromptu lunch on the deck!

I was not planning on cooking and cleaning on Mother's Day but like the train crossing the road or a restaurant that was supposed to be open, or raising children for that matter, sometimes things don't always go the way you planned! Sit back and enjoy the ride!


No comments:

Post a Comment