Monday, April 13, 2015

SPRING PROMISES

You know those whirl-wind weekends that you pack full? I just finished one of them. In fact I took Monday off to regroup and refocus. Glad I did too, cause finally, FINALLY, the weather was glorious. 
In fact I put my shorts on and did a little of this...
Please ignore those ugly feet. We all have our imperfections. Besides, they are attached to my legs and insisted on being part of the photo. 
But let me just back up a bit....
This weekend my church celebrated their 20th anniversary. I know you are thinking..."pfffttt...20 years...you guys are just babes!"
True. But I have been fortunate to be a part of these "babes" for 19 of those 20 years and got to see all the changes, miracles, mistakes and victories. Here is a photo I snapped last night.
"Hi Everyone! You look Mahhvellous!"

We had amazing music, food and testimonies. I saw some very good friends who have moved away or moved on and it did my heart good I tell ya.

This morning when I got up and birds started to sing of all the promises ahead, spring or otherwise, I got out there to relish it.

I started raking the old leaves and debris off of the front garden and there looking back at me were my flowers starting to bloom. The promise of new growth, new life.

All just waiting patiently for me to shed some light on the subject and allow them to feel the sun and warmth a little more.

Even better, my good friend Andrew took me for a motorcycle ride! Now I've not had much experience with motorbikes; I'm all about the manual kind of bike. So this was only my third motorcycle ride. 
Here I am! a biker chick

Perhaps the pose is a little too matronly, but I almost pull it off! So this is a 2004 Honda 599, if that means anything to anybody. We took a loop around the Bay of Quinte. We watched a couple of parachuters land as we went through the air force base (very cool) and some old bearded guy who was hitch hiking gave us a solid peace sign (also very cool). 
Then Andrew yelled "When I give you the signal I want you to hold on REAL TIGHT!" 
"OK!" I yelled back.
He tapped my hand, I spooned even harder and suddenly we were doing 150 km in 2nd gear. I squealed with glee like the girl I am.
Thanks for the fast ride Andrew!

Back at home I tried my hand at a vegetarian chilli - never made one of these before, but how hard can it be? 
Looks edible to me...
So, here is to spring.
Warm up your bones.
Brush off that old debris and see what you have already sprouting. 
Take a new adventure and maybe you will attain a momentum you never thought possible! 
And most importantly (Lauren if you are reading this) - eat your veges!






No comments:

Post a Comment