Sunday, July 4, 2010

Back In the Saddle

I've had a good run - for over two years I've been perfectly healthy. But all good things come to an end, they say and WAM - it hit me. For the past week, I've had a cold, a flu a whatever.
Sore throat - check
Painful ears - check
Achy - check
Feverish - check
Upset tummy - check
Coughing all night - check etc. etc....
I'm on the mend now, coming out of the fog and beginning to get my energy back. Of course, I kept going to work and of course I kept doing the household chores. But finally I'm beginning to feel like I can accomplish these things without having to hit the couch for an immediate nap. In the midst of this nasty business I thought I would try and make myself feel better. So, one night, I took some aspirin, laid down for about an hour, felt the drugs kicking in, announced to my husband I have about an hour before I crash again and headed out the door to buy an I-Pad. What a pertty toy it is and certainly helped to while away the hours in bed or on the couch. And just so you know - I saved my pennies for about 6 months - try not to buy toys on credit people. Not a good idea.
I must say - photos and videos are amazingly clear. Apps are taunting me - looking for my money and some will certainly win. I've downloaded the Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and I'm doing my first E-book read. Some change is hard to take and some is easy. The I-Pad technology falls under easy and fun to be sure. So I'm back in the Saddle with an upgrade.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun! I expect some more creative posts now and other goodies from you, creative friend.

    ReplyDelete