Thursday, June 24, 2010

Cats, Dance and Strawberries

I've a busy weekend. Moments of peace, moments of chaois, moments of tension and excitement. All because of cats, dance and strawberries!
Let's start with the cats. I had to take Frodo and Claire in for the annual check-up and shots. Now Frodo is 10 and beginning to slow down. He was not happy about the vet visit and I knew it. He hunkered down, flattened his ears and gave me a look that said "I hate you right now." But he did not make a fuss, just put up with the prodding and poking. Claire, on the other hand, is 17 years old but she acted more like a feisty, feral wildcat. She hissed and slashed and growled and carried on like a banshee. It took 3 of us, some gloves, and a towel to complete the shots. I thought for sure, this whole chaotic process was going to kill her....but no....she lives on, and on, and on....
On to the strawberries! It's strawberry season here and they are ready for the picking. So a friend and I went out to a farm and sat in this beautiful, peaceful field with ruby red berries peeking out under every green leaf. The beauty of just sitting there, barely having to move, the scent of the berries and fresh country air was enough to put any anxious soul at ease. We came home laden with baskets full and a froze a bunch for a cold winter morning when I need to remember the peace, warmth and beauty of a strawberry patch.
Finally the tension and excitement of the dance show! I've finally culminated this dance process with the big show at a local theatre. There was chaos backstage with little kids, some barely 3 crying and wanting their mommies or having to pee. One of the girls came upstairs from the change rooms stating "don't go down there, there are a lot of angry little tutus!" People running around trying to change for their next number, or waiting excitedly, warming up for their turn to go on. My group had to perform 3 times, one at each show and believe me the excitement and physicallity of the whole thing wore me right out!
Yup - I've lived a lifetime all in one weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment