Sunday, March 8, 2020

I THINK I'M TURNING VEGANESE I REALLY THINK SO

We are presently in a meat-free/dairy-free zone at my home. This is to get a better handle on some health issues, mostly for Sheldon, but I'm with him in solidarity!

No Beef
No Turkey
No Ham
No Chicken
No Pork
No Bacon 
No Cheese No Wonder it's Dark!

Okay, so I'm not cutting cheese or dairy out. My sense of solidarity only goes so far. 

But I have been trying a lot of new recipes and working with things like Tofu and Tempeh. The Tofu was pretty good; I'm "meh" on the Tempeh.  

This Coconut Curry Stir Fry Noodles with Glazed Tofu was a hearty meal. 
The key is using extra firm tofu and making sure you suck out all the extra liquid before the glazing! I didn't completely follow the recipe (used different noddles), but pretty close: 

https://healthynibblesandbits.com/coconut-curry-stir-fry-noodles-glazed-tofu/

I made a Cauliflower Chickpea curry:
Basically, cauliflower and chickpeas prepped in coconut milk. I added a smattering of raisins and apple for a bit of sweet.


Tried my hand at a rice bowl for the first time!

Roasted beets, squash and asparagus with beans, rice and garnished with radish and cucumber.

You can never go wrong with Avocado Toast - that's just comfort food right there.
And speaking of comfort food...have you ever lightly roasted Gnocchi? Oh, man, oh man...
I doubt I will ever completely cut out meat, but we are well on our way to a more plant-based diet, at least more often.

I think I'm turning Veganese, I think I'm turning Veganese, I really think so!



No comments:

Post a Comment