Sunday, March 15, 2020

TRYING TO KEEP THINGS NORMAL


I don't think I've ever written something that everyone in the universe with the ability to read can relate to - until now. 

The coronavirus or COVID has now spread its tentacles into almost every part of the earth, including here in Canada where I live. As of right now in Ontario the stats indicate a steady rise in confirmed cases. The government is putting stringent measures in place and along with good health practices we are encouraged to self quarantine or social distancing, regardless of whether symptoms or travel play a part. Our borders will likely be closed within the week. Toilet paper has inexplicably become a hot commodity and many community events are being cancelled. I work in Healthcare and I can expect health screening before I walk in the door and quite likely I will soon be asked to work from home. 


It's a Mad, MAD world right now. 


A few years ago I blogged about living a mundane life. How we carry on with our day-to-day routine and as boring as that may be, it can be a gift. 

Well, right now, boring, mundane, normal sound pretty good to me!  
Yesterday, my neighbour hung up some laundry. Just looking at that line of flannel was a memorable, normal comfort.

Spring is still coming, COVID or not. On my morning walk the Robins, crows, red-wing blackbirds and doves all raised their usual morning chorus.
My daffodils are well on their way!


Nothing has changed with my morning coffee routine:
Me, coffee, a blanket and slippers, a cat on my lap and a dog at my feet. All very normal.

So I wanted to encourage you all, in the midst of the chaos and feeling out of control, find the normal things to ground in. Feel free to post pictures of your regularly-scheduled life, not the ones of empty shelves where TP should be. 

We are all affected by this virus and our lives will likely be different when we come out from underneath it's grasp.

But in the meantime, let's try to keep things normal. Much love - stay safe

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Cindy! Once again your words bring sunshine and encouragement for everyday life. See you in the morning! xoxo

    ReplyDelete