Sunday, January 26, 2020

SAY MY NAME

I've had pets most of my life and my house feels "right" when it includes two cats and one dog. That's my sweet spot. 

Now choosing the right name for our pet is something to be carefully considered. I already have my next cat's name picked out! 

Presently, I have two cats, Sasha and Dandylion, and Lulu the dog. They all seem to know and respond to their names. But that is not the only name I call them; in fact they each have a host of names. 

For example, Sasha is the oldest pet in the house. I picked her up at a shelter in Hamilton. I saw an add for a Russian Blue kitten and next day, we were drove up and brought her home.


She is the boss, though I don't call her that. But I have several other names for her!
Sasha Blue
Grandma (not cause she's old but she is the oldest pet I have)
Pretty Girl
Baby
Baby Girl
Grumpy cat (she has a temper and keeps everyone else in line)

Then, there's DandyLion. Another rescue kitten I came across through a girl at work.
Here's a list of the other names he goes by:
Dandy-boy
Fluffy bunny
Baby
Pretty Boy Floyd
Brat
Thug-cat

Finally, we have Lulu, my Lab/Beagle mix:
Lulu has several names as well:
Lu
Girly
Lulu-lemon 
Baby
Jerk (when she grabs something like a dead carcass and refuses to open her mouth no matter how many times I yell "DROP IT!!")
Goofball

It's not uncommon to use a variety of endearing terms to address our pets or even our family members. Some say it harks back to when we were children and our mother had pet names for us. Or is is part of the culture we are building in a relationship.

I believe the pets only know me by "the hooman who feeds and pets them".

So, if you wish to confess, the lines are open to admit whatever other names you call your pet by!






No comments:

Post a Comment