Sunday, April 28, 2019

MUSIC TO MY EARS

The other night I was up at 3:30 in the morning. Yes, that's right, I said 3:30. Lulu was incessantly ringing the cowbell to go out, so I stumbled down the stairs, let the demon dog out and flopped on the couch waiting for the impending scratch at the patio door signalling the plebeian to let her in. And as I lay in my half stupor-state, I heard a robin singing....at 3:30 in the morning. Talk about an early bird - but it was music to my ears. 

I love hearing all spring bird songs, especially after a hushed winter silence with only a few brave little birds sticking it out. What a gift, your sense of hearing!  

I went to a concert today. It was with the Belleville Choral Society celebrating their 60th Anniversary. Their were a few special guests including Baritone Matthew Zaddow, musician Dan Douglas and my own brother and his son, Spencer and Oscar Evans. 

The choir sang their hearts out, including Oklahoma, a personal favourite (music to my ears).

But let's not forget the special guests! Dan Douglas was magic on the recorder and then there was Matthew, clearly a showman! Turn the volume up!
And then my brother Spencer and his son Oscar look up all on a trip to New Orleans with classic jazz!


Music, in all it's forms, be it a bird song, or human, makes our lives so much richer. Keep your ears open - music is everywhere!





No comments:

Post a Comment