Sunday, April 14, 2019

THE TRICKY PARTS

I have a concert coming up the beginning of June with the string group. This one has a lot of music in it but I'm feeling pretty solid about most of the pieces. 

But, there are a few tricky parts...
This spot here gives me a bit of trouble. I have to change keys, stomp with my feet and change positions quickly. So Morrie the Cello and I keep "wood-shedding" this part. And I already know, come concert time my heart rate is gonna start rising with anxiety when we get to this piece!

Life has many amazing gifts for us to enjoy (including music). But every now and then, we come to a tricky part. And we may not see it coming so there is no time to practice. A sudden life change, illness, divorce, death, effects of an addiction or struggles with mental health - these are so hard. 

If I suddenly just got up and left in the middle of a concert cause I see a tricky part coming I would miss out on the beautiful songs coming after. I also would miss out on the wisdom and understanding that comes from seeing it through. 

Good Friday is coming up the end of this week. We see Jesus crying out to the Father in the Garden of Gethsemane. "If there is any other way we can do this Dad...this is hard. Nevertheless, not my will, but Yours." He went through the crucification for me, and for you. 

If you are struggling with a tricky part, hang in there. Seek some advice, balance your life with good rest, good food. Pray to the One who's been through it and understands. There is some beautiful music coming that I would not want you to miss!


No comments:

Post a Comment