Sunday, March 17, 2019

TEACHING AN OLD DOG NEW TRICKS

It's taken me a while, but I figured out "flossing". Not the teeth flossing, the dance flossing. 

This was all the rage about two years ago, but hey, I'm an old dog. And it seems you can teach an old dog new tricks. Just takes a little longer!

About a month ago I came across an ad for a course that was running at a local college. It was an "End-of-Life Doula" course and as I work and love the palliative field, I was intrigued. 

This old dog started chewing on that bone. I fast tracked through high school and college and had both done when I was barely 19. Bottom line, it's been a Looonnngg time since I was in school. 

But I decided to go for it - so I signed up through the college, got myself a student number, set up my school email and showed up for class!

I'm what would be considered a "mature" student. But I'm enjoying the process! All of it - the walking into a college part, the sitting in class (who's a good girl!), listening, learning, collaborating with the other students, taking notes, trying to figure out when I can do the homework assignments. All those studenty things. 

It's never too late - you can teach an old dog new tricks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment