Sunday, March 24, 2019

SPRING LANDING

There are lots of Canadians who love winter, lots. But you would be hard pressed to find one Canadian who doesn't give a sigh of relief when spring stops circling and finally, lands. 

Last week, we officially ushered in Spring! There is mud everywhere; you can smell the earth loosening up. Robins are getting downright frisky and skinny squirrels are devouring my bird seed after a winter of fasting. 

And for those of you following along this blog, I'm happy to present my plant babies!
The dahlias are in a hurry to grow up

And check out all my baby poppies!

Spring equals new beginnings. It means life and energy. The circle of birth after death begins again. I've certainly noticed this circular rhythm in life. Just like my little seeds, they died and in that burst of energy out came new life. To quote Jesus: "Unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remain alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit." He was big on parables, so I'll leave that one for you to chew on. 

I've just completed my End-of-Life Doula course. We talked at length around the circles that envelope us, be it the one who is dying or their family member/friends. 

We have a lot of misconceptions around death, a lot of fear and lack of information. We don't talk about it, even ignore it hoping it will go away. Pretty sure that tactic will not work. It's part of the circle of life, a big part, in fact it's life changing. 

Winter leaves and spring lands. New beginning are only possible after endings. I'm willing to talk about it if you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment