Sunday, March 3, 2019

READ THE ROOM

Have you ever been in a conversation and suddenly you find the room growing quiet and awkward and you catch your spouse desperately miming something from the corner of your eye that boils down to "shut up"?

You missed the signals, bypassed all the signs, you didn't read the room. And there you are back paddling with your foot in your mouth. 

Hey, happens to all of us. Certainly has happened to me! So I try to keep my antenna attuned to what's going on to avoid this embarrassment. 

Last week while walking the dog in the early morning, I noticed a hint of colour in the eastern sky, just a hint. Later I saw and heard a Robin. Read the room, Cyndi, read the room - Spring is in the wings. 

Well, I'm all over that! I switched my CD in the car from Snow Patrol to Beck's Colours. For the record, there should be something on this CD that says "pairs well with Mini Coopers" cause it is just a fun bit of music to play in a fun car. 

I'm trying something new this time round - planting flowers from seeds! What fun will it be to go and check daily for one wee little green sprout! So on a gray snowy day I headed out in search of supplies.

I decided to try my hand on some flowers: poppies, sweet peas and some dahlia bulbs. Not a big financial commitment but that's OK since this is a trial run!

I followed the instructions and the cats checked out my handiwork to ensure I was on the right track. 
They waisted no time on trashing my maternity dirt pods so I will need to find a safe place to keep these little babies away from velvet paws. 

Seeds are planted and I will be the first to let you know if so much as a hint of green pokes up. Spring, I'm picking up what you are putting down. I see you miming in the corner over there and I'm reading the room! Bring it On!



No comments:

Post a Comment