Sunday, November 4, 2018

THE PAW

If you are a pet owner, your are probably familiar with this particular mode of communication utilized by cats and dogs. 

It's called....The PAW! 


And it knows how to get the point across! I'm presently working with three different types of paws in my house. 

There are the Dandy-Paws, our newest member. Now Dandy is a Thug and he uses his paws to generally knock things off the counter or table, or dip into my tea or mess up my I-Pad.


They are elegant, fluffy things that usually keep their claws well tucked away.

But they are always showing up, even when I'm trying to have some peace and quiet in the bathroom! These paws are saying  - "GIVE ME YOUR ATTENTION, PLAY WITH ME, LET ME IN!"


But then there are Sasha Paws: Small, elegant and exotic.

She wraps them up all nice and compact ensuring to keep her tail in place. But these paws have little trouble unsheathing their sharp talons. She will take a swipe at whoever is invading her space! These paws remind me that I live with royalty and I'd better respect it. 

Finally I have the Lulu Paws
These here are thumpers. They thump me when they want something to eat and are usually precluded with this face:
If this face does not get the tidbit in a timely manner I get bopped or thumped by the paw. The paw also thumps me when she wants to be petted or when I stop petting her and she feels the petting time is incomplete. Some times when I come home from work, I get the two-paw thump - a complete paws-on that says "I missed you, where have you been, now how about supper?"

I've had pets most of my life and I'm quite familiar with The Paw. Sometime, actions speak louder than words!

No comments:

Post a Comment