Saturday, August 18, 2018

A LAKE ROMANCE

Have you ever noticed, some of the best moments, seem timeless? We wrap them up and tuck them away. They are warm and welcoming every time we take them out. 

Cottage time is like that for me. It is a timeless place, warm and welcoming. 

And there's the lake

I love the lake. I love it in the morning with the mist kissing the surface. I sip my coffee wrapped in a blanket and watch it slowly say goodbye as the sun rises.


The clouds start marching by reflecting in the still water

We have lunch down on the dock: all good things with cheeses and bread and fresh fruit and dips


With discretion, my daughter, her long time friend Alyssa and myself slip into the silky water sans bathing suits. I love "vimming"  when I get the chance. We are a funny trio of water naiads indeed. Alyssa a tall statuesque blond, myself with my 50+ body and then there's my daughter. Randi is naturally curvy but having only given birth 3 weeks earlier she is downright voluptuous! She looks like a  grecian goddess come to life; a living renaissance painting. 


I spend most of the day at the lake, enjoying our romance in the short time we have together. I read there, pray there, muse there. I swim. 

I watch my grandson with my daughter, his first visit to this special place.

Like any good romance, my life is changed. My very defined routine is set aside, the demands and timelines are taken from my hands and the lake woos me to slow down and listen.


The sun sets, Cottage time comes to an end.


But don't worry. My romance with the Lake is tucked away, timeless, warm and inviting.

No comments:

Post a Comment