Sunday, March 18, 2018

SOMETIMES YOU NEED TO CRY IT OUT


It's a proven fact that women cry more often the men, about 3 to 5 times more often. But we do tend to cry over the same things like homesickness, broken relationships and grief. 

So what brings you to tears? And why? Do you wish you could cry more or cry less? Crying is a way to communicate, like babies who cry when they are in pain, or hungry or frustrated. 

For me, I've realized it is rarely physical pain that will bring on the watershed. I don't remember crying during labour, but I do remember the intense physical pain and I had both my babies naturally without so much as an aspirin. 

But mental anguish, guilt, grief these things will have me going through a box of kleenex in no time. 

I'm around 20 years old and in a bad relationship. I've got a cigarette going in both hands. I'm crying a lot because I'm scared, emotionally drained and feeling like I'm in a locked cage. Recently I ran into some old friends. One is dealing with some mental health struggles. I can see the fatigue and confusion in her eyes. I can see the pain of loss in his. Seems we are all on the verge of tears.

Mental pain, hidden away by men and women you connect with every day is a heavy, heavy burden. So is grief, that dark cloud where your life has now been changed because someone you love is gone. Be kind to one another, the greatest pain, the heart wrenching cry of the broken, is often hard to see. 

Psalm 145:18-19
"The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desire of those who fear him; he also hears their cry and saves them."

No comments:

Post a Comment