Sunday, December 31, 2017

WHAT'S THE MATTER?

I often find Lulu sitting in this chair. She looks sad and dejected.


Occasionally, she lets out a big sigh and I think, Lulu, how bad can it be? You live in a cosy house and have your own chair beside a fireplace. There's food and water to be had, a backyard to chase squirrels in and you often get to sleep on the bed!

Lulu, what could possibly be the matter??

Which got me musing about what matters in general. The New Year is a good time to get down to the heart of the matter(s). Perhaps you have been giving your attention and time to things that really don't matter. Good time to find out!

Let's get one thing clear: You and I Matter; our struggles and successes, our goals and disappointments. Sometimes answers are elusive and we feel no one is listening. Not true! 

Proverbs 25:2 says" It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, but the glory of Kings is to search it out." As part of the royal family, you get the glory of figuring out the puzzle and just think how much more you learned once the answer is discovered.

As I look ahead I know there will be good and bad times coming my way. I know there will be puzzles to figure out. But here is my secret weapon...

"You will make your prayer to Him and He will hear you, and you will pay your vows. You will decide on a matter, and it will be established for you and light will shine on your ways." Job 22:26-28

When I'm feeling like Lulu, staring out the window dejectedly, with no answer in sight to the matter at hand, I know the answer can be found, the light will shine brighter and the matter will be established. 

Happy New Year !!











No comments:

Post a Comment