Sunday, December 10, 2017

"C' IS FOR CHRISTMAS..AND COOKIES, MOSTLY COOKIES

I finally gave in and started delving into Pinterest. I know, you don't have to tell me, this is a  dangerous and time sucking little APP. 

The cookie recipes!!! I'm outta control!  But who cares? It's Christmas and in my book, time in the kitchen creating for those we love is always time well spent.

I made these chocolate crinkle cookies last night:



They are like little brownies bites, moist and chewy.

In honour of my Italian roots, I made gingerbread latte biscotti.



If you have never had biscotti, these are for dunking into your coffee/tea/hot chocolate. They are super crunchy but that makes them perfect for holding up when you do the dunk.

I still made a few family favourite, including Swedish butter balls, but inspired by Pinterest I changed up the recipe and added cranberry and orange to half the batch.



Time tested family recipes, passed down and shared with sons and daughters (and friends, so Kelly, this is for you!) is just the right thing to do. So, here is a classic that is as old as dirt but tastes way better. Make them big and don't overcook!



I tried my hand at raspberry linzer cookies today. Fussy, but pretty.



And finally, all sugar cookie recipes should include in the instructions: make with friends, that way, everyone can enjoy the fun.

Yes Virginia, C is for Christmas but as Cookie Monster immortalized in that famous jingle: "C is for Cookie, that's good enough for me, Oohhhh...Cookie, Cookie, Cookie starts with C!"








1 comment:

  1. And C is also for Cyndi, baker and hostess extraordinaire. What a fun night, and such good looking models ��

    ReplyDelete