Sunday, May 14, 2017

WHAT MOMS REALLY WANT


Happy Mother's Day to all you amazing Moms out there! I know it's a tough gig sometimes. You sacrifice everything - your lives, your money, your time, your career, even your dreams so your children can have all that and more.

Have you ever struggled on what to get that special mom in your life for Mother's Day? Well, here's a few tips.

First, just ask! She may fluff you off because she is very used to putting herself second but it's worth a try.

Second, a general rule of thumb: if this is a young mother, give her some alone time. Take the kids for a few hours and let her have the house to herself or so she can go shopping or whatever. 

If this is an older mother it's the other way around: she does not want alone time, she wants you time. So hang out with her, listen to her, take her for dinner.

Yesterday, I was able to spend the afternoon with my daughter (I fall into the older Mom category). We went to the County and puttered about. We had lunch and she bought me this beautiful lamp!


Then we went to the Drake Devonshire for dessert. I got the "Affogato". 


They take a scoop of ice cream, pour a shot of espresso over it and to make it extra special, a little shot of Chambord liquor. My, oh my...that's what THIS Mom really wants!

Today my husband and I honoured our own Moms. We cooked up a storm and had them over for lunch.

It's a great privilege to be a Mother and one of the hardest jobs on the planet and it so important to honour and acknowledge them. 

Happy Mother's Day to you All! 



No comments:

Post a Comment