Sunday, January 1, 2017

MOUNTAINS AHEAD!

Happy New Year and welcome to 2017! It's a pretty vague road map at the moment and the journey will, no doubt, be filled with ups, downs and a few unforeseen curves in the road. Ya know, sort of like 2016!

Which got me thinking about mountains....

A few years ago Sheldon and I took a trip out west and for the first time I saw the Canadian Rockies. To quote the singer Beck it  "WAS LIKE WOW.....LIKE RIGHT NOW!" I was flabbergasted, gob smacked, in utter awe. 


Majestic, Powerful, Solid, Indescribable, Immovable


The analogy is there will be mountains ahead in 2017.

There they are on the horizon, larger than life and you may think, how will I ever get over or through this? 

And you are right, some are bigger than you and getting over them is not going to happen in your own strength. When I face a mountain in my life that I know is insurmountable, I look to the one who is the Mountain Creator. 

He reminds me:

Every valley shall be raised up, every mountain and hill made low, the rough ground shall become level, the rugged places a plain" Isaiah 40:4

You may find yourself in a valley, stuck at the bottom in darkness all around. These can be tough, tough times. But you are never, ever left all alone

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for You are with me" Psalm 23:4

Now some mountains are there for you to conquer! 

In Banff, we hiked up Tunnel Mountain. It was mid May and a pretty slippery walk. True, I had to take the occasional break and rest up a bit...


But I made it! 


And so will you. You ARE going to climb right to the top and claim your victory.

So here's to 2017 and the mountains ahead. For the ones that disappear right in front of you, for the valleys you will go through and for the mountain top victories you will surely have. Be assured, you never have to do this journey alone!






No comments:

Post a Comment