Friday, May 14, 2010

Hide and Seek is Haunting Me

This dance thing is taking over my life. I'm bruised and beaten, stiff and sore, but the big show is coming up in little over a month and with it's mouth wide open is swallowing me whole.
With the gracious help and support of my dance partner Kelly, we are fitting in extra practices, because I'm such a newby at this and in order to avoid looking like a total idiot on stage I need all the practice I can get.
The result being, the song we are dancing to "Hide and Seek" by Imogen Heap plays nonstop in my mind on a constant basis. I'm running through choreography in my sleep and every waking moment of my day! Point my toes, look up, jump, get ready for that handstand part, crumple to the ground, run.....it goes on and on.
What was life like before this all encroaching process? What did I possibly think about??? I got nothing. Just
"Hide and seek
Trains and sewing machines" stuck in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment