Sunday, October 3, 2021

APPRECIATION POST!

 I’m one of those fortunate humans that get to call themselves “Canadians”. We have freedom, abundance, peace and such breath-taking beauty!

Last weekend I went on a Mudpuppy trip with my friend Kelly. We canoed into Joe Perry Lake in Bon Echo for a girls weekend getaway. 


As one who normally feels the cold, I have never camped out past August and was not too sure how I would fare in a tent in late September!

I fared just great! 

Armed with sleeping bag, blanket, pants/shirt/sweater, socks and a toque I was warm enough as the temperature dropped down to 6 degrees celcius. Kelly provided a couple of hot pockets that I threw in the sleeping bag for an added bonus warmth. Appreciation shout out to Kelly!

We were fortunate as well to have some great weather, other than a bit of rain at night. That was much appreciated!

And the beauty of Canada in September!



I was also surprised by the peace and quiet. Normally there is a lot going on in the woods in the morning - birds, ducks, frogs, insects all crying for breakfast at the same time.

But in September, other than a lazy hum and the occasional loon call, all is calm. 


We are not perfect, and have our struggles and issues, but truly, we are a blessed nation. 



No comments:

Post a Comment