Tuesday, July 20, 2021

HOLIDAY-GETAWAY

With this pandemic shadowing our universe for over a year now most of us, including myself have spent a lot of time hunkered down at home. 

But a change of scenery is a good thing for our emotional, spiritual and physical health! This past month we were able take a few days at Niagara-On-The-Lake for our 35th wedding anniversary and then a week at a cottage,  just the things for a pick-me-up! A Holiday-Getaway! Warning: Pic-heavy Blog Ahead


Niagara-On-The-Lake is a pretty and pretty classic tourist town. It was busy, but COVID protocols were firmly in place with masking and limited numbers in stores.

Who can resist a store full of every imaginable candy or fresh-made Gelato? 

Not me!!

We watched a storm hover over Lake Ontario

And a great dinner out was a must!

Just as pretty, but much, MUCH quieter, was our time at the cottage.

Nothing but water, sky, trees and rock

Morning coffee could last for over an hour!

And I tried my hand at acrylic painting 
At least the brick turned out…
I also burnt my belly !! Ouch - pass the Aloe Vera Stat!!

Still, it is good be be back home to my cats and familiar comforts. 

I hope you get some slow summer time to refresh and rejuvenate, either away to new surroundings or at home. Go out for a great meal, try a new hobby and linger with your coffee. But make sure you pack your suntan lotion!





No comments:

Post a Comment