Monday, December 28, 2020

A CUP OF HAPPY

 A dear friend of mine gave me this cup for Christmas:

Nothing like a good hot cup of coffee topped with frothy milk and sprinkled with cinnamon to make things right! Now, if only life were that simple. If I could just hand you all a cup filled with happiness. 

I've had a sharp learning curve this year, thanks to a Pandemic. 

This time last year seeing people wearing masks was absolutely foreign. Now it's the other way around and I can whip on a mask in no time. In fact, I'm working on a one-hand only technique!

I've learned how much I miss hugs, and the busy hum in the office that always went up a level at closing time on Fridays or before a holiday. 

I've learned the almost impossible trick to opening those plastic produce bags without licking my finger first! 

I've learned a lot of things I never even thought about.  We all have! 

But back to that cup of Happy. Along with a few new skills, we have all experienced a level of grieving, some of us very deeply. 

After this past year of reset, we are all ready for fresh hope and beginnings. Here's to 2021- I wish you a full cup of health, happiness and lots of Hugs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment