Sunday, June 7, 2020

MARCO.....POLO

I love when the Forget-Me-Nots show up each spring in the garden. But this year, they were getting carried away and taking liberties. 
I was trying to find a few other plants that were getting lost in the blue riot. It was like a game of Marco Polo.  

Me searching through the blue mass: "MARCO"
Struggling Echinacea: "Polo!"
I stripped half the party out to let echinacea breathe.

Then I thought I would see what's happening in the back yard. I had moved my strawberry plant into a pot to be safe from Mr. Bunny. 

Me looking for any signs of berries: "MARCO!"

Baby Strawberries: "POLO!"

My Mom was showing me some old pics and this one was in the bunch:
My 9th birthday. A flourescent light exploded in the kitchen (random) all over my cake and spaghetti sauce that had been simmering on the stove. I'm extraordinarily happy considering my birthday dinner was ruined and quick replacements had to be found. But where is that smiling, innocent little girl gone? Is she still around?
Me: "Marco?"
A small little voice inside replied: "Polo"

Some things that are hiding in these pandemic days can still be found. Some seem lost forever. 

How about shaking hands, hugs, road trips, concerts and big celebrations. 
Me: "MARCO!"........

What happened to the busy office buzz and raucous laughter in the kitchen at lunch?
"MARCO!"........

We are slowly, slowly coming out of this full-stop pandemic time. Some things will never be the same. Some things may even be better. And some things will come back, feel familiar and be greatly welcomed.
"Polo"






No comments:

Post a Comment