Sunday, May 17, 2020

HOW TO SPEND YOUR VACATION IN A LOCKDOWN


We all know the deal right now. Keep your distance, wash your hands, limit your contact. Only go out if you must. Stay home - stay safe. Not conducive to travelling and sight-seeing, shopping, dinners out or anything one would normally do on a vacation!

I himmed and hawed on whether or not to cancel my upcoming week off but in the end, decided to go ahead with it. I had some lofty goals to start learning a new language but in the end, I fell back on the comforts of home: cooking!

I tried out a couple new recipes.
Peanutbutter chocolate chip shortbread
They hit all the high notes for me. Will definitely be making them again!
I also tried my hand at Drunken Noodles. 

I made them with tofu in keeping with Sheldon's present vegan diet and although this was a good meal, I feel it needs some tweaking!

Might as well tackle some spring cleaning! 
Cleaning windows is like instant gratification. I would recommend this in the lockdown vacation tourism book.

Finally, the weatherman advised Jack Frost had finally packed his bags so I got busy in the garden! I dug up my strawberries and decided to put them in a little planter, safe from the bunnies who eat the berries. I also bought myself a Lemon Tree! Always wanted one so thought I would give it a go!

Got the gazebo comfy and ready for chillaxing, and the flowers tucked into planters. 
Gardening is a GREAT way to spend vacation time, lock down or not. I even had a few new visitors!
A rose breasted grosbeak and I even saw a Blue bunting!
 
Finally, I did get to spend some quality time with my daughter, son-in-law and of course the Little Prince. I confess, I hugged him for the first time in two months. There's only so much a Nona can take.
So, if you are like me, and your vacation is in lockdown, try some new recipes, get some spring cleaning done, hang out in the garden and make new friends. But next year - Paris, here I come!!





No comments:

Post a Comment