Sunday, December 15, 2019

FELINE COMPANY


This weekend, on a very rainy day, I opted to stay inside and get ahead on Christmas wrapping. So I dragged out the essential equipment, turned on "A Child's Christmas in Wales" and got down to business. 

I had a little help too. Actually DandyLion is not very helpful, sometimes more on the hindering side, but he's always willing!
Pets, they are good company. They want to hang out with you, be present or if you prefer the latest buzz words "hold space" for you. 

I had a flu bug this week. After a night of tossing and turning on the high seas of nausea I dragged my weary butt to work. Bad idea, but it's just part of my ethic. I stayed long enough to cover a meeting and ensure another was up and running, then I headed home and crawled into bed. Soon enough, a little ball of warm fluff was tucked in beside me. 

So here's to those pets we love. The ones that meet you at the door, that hang out with you and beg for scraps, that help you with the gardening or the Christmas wrapping. When they are gone we grieve big, and rightly so. We should never feel the need to downplay the loss. We loved them, they loved us back; it's that simple. 

I didn't really need that ribbon, Dandy....my wrapping skills are embarrassing. You could probably do a better job - help yourself.


1 comment: